Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WalMart' What's Wrong Here?

I mean, seriously!?
This is the sink in my local WalMart. The whole bathroom is "touchless". From the toilets, to the towel dispenser, you don't have to touch anything when using this bathroom, except....
I was using this exact basin to wash my hands, and the whole time, my knuckels and the back of my hand were rubbing the bottom of the basin. While I was washing all the germs I didn't get off.




I mean the whole idea of the touchless faucet is great. No handles to mess with, with no telling who's germs are residing on them. And, no telling what else is usually on them. Hell, I'm sure Dr. Oz could find something on them that will cause cancer and kill you in the next three days. UNLESS, you scour them with alcohol and vinegar. Then, he'll give you five days to live. I can't stand Dr. Oz, but that's a subject for another day. They also have the touchless paper towel dispensers, and hand driers, and those are ok and work perfectly fine. Not so much the faucets. First off, you have to put your hands under the sensor and find the sweet spot to get it to turn on. See the black square on the front of there? That's the sensor, and guess where the water comes from and you have to put your hands? Under the little half moon piece that the sensor in on the front of. And, then when you go to lather your hands, you lose it and have to find it again. They put out three streams of water that's barely enough to get a finger wet, so that takes you ten minutes to rinse the soap off. But, what's even worse is the distance from the faucet from the fucking bottom of the basin. You have maybe five, six inches (approximately 12, 17 cm for you metric folks) of clearance between them. And, if you're of any size at all, such as myself, your damn hands rub the bottom of the damn basin while your washing and rinsing your hands. So, you're sitting here rinsing your hands in a catch tub of bacteria, viriuses, germs, and disease. But, it's a touchless faucet so it's more sanitary. Now, I'm not exactly a germaphobe, hell I don't even really give a shit, I'll eat a side of cow off the fucking ground, raw and not even think twice about it. The way I look at it is my body, white blood cells, and immune system need a work out to stay tuned up like they should. Yes, I do wash my hands regularly when I preparing food. But, other than that fuck it, unless they're just nasty. But, that's not why I mention the WalMart sinks, it's the principle and idea of it. Just the sheer irony of the situation. They want to be a sterile as possible, using touchless faucets, towel dispensers, hand dryers, toilets, and urinals. But, in the end, after not touching all that shit, you have to set your hands in the bottom of the sink to wash all the germs you didn't get by not touching anything.
Humm, wonder where all the washed off germs go...before they go down the drain?

No comments:

Post a Comment