Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Death On The Border

This is muy messed up, if ya ask me. I'm sure you've heard about the shooting in Texas by the Mexican pirates by now. Granted they were told to say on our side of the poles, and not go into the Mexican waters of Falcon Lake. So I don't have much sympathy for the couple, but the rest of the family should be able to bury their son/brother/cousin. It was a bad thing that happened to David, but they were warned not to cross the border. I do believe that his body should be brought home for a proper burial. And, if Mexico will not help in the search for his body, we should cross that line and look for it ourselves. I say to hell with international bullshit, cross the damm border and find the guy that got shot, and shoot any who oppose!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20018587-504083.html

4 comments:

  1. I find it difficult to drum up sympathy when people place themselves in a known dangerous situation, and pay the price for it.

    But I agree that it's time to quit pussyfooting around and take control of things down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. My sympathy is with David's family not the couple themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although they really should have stayed away from the area, they had kept there eye on possible situations on that side of falcon lake. It had been 3 months with no occurances on that lake. It had seemed to lighten up, which is no excuse for testing the waters, but that was their theory for thinking it was ok to travel on that side. Pretty Naive. However, dealing with the Los Zetas (Mexico's most technologically advanced, sophisticated and dangerous drug cartel) have killed the Police Chief that was handling the case plus his wife and 3 children. The American side definitly needs to take over this case but with caution. The police chief and family were killed execution style. Sad and unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you said, and them testing the waters was, in my opinion, more than naive, it was stoopid. I'm sure they wouldn't have went hiking in Yellowstone if a bear attack had happened three months prior, or swimming in the Gulf if shark attacks had seemed to have lightened up. That's like saying well that convicted child rapist has been out for four years and hasn't touched a child.... You still ain't going to have him babysit.

    ReplyDelete