Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Quotes 11/23/2011

There are moments when everything goes well, but don't be frightened.
- Jules Renard

Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.
- Mignon McLaughlin

If you can't accept losing, you can't win.
- Vince Lombardi

Never invoke the gods unless you really want them to appear. It annoys them very much.
- G. K. Chesterton

Envy can be a positive motivator. Let it inspire you to work harder for what you want.
- Robert Bringle

Ingenuity plus courage plus work equals miracles.
- Bob Richards

You are my friend when you can guard my failure, challenge my thought and celebrate my success.
- Unknown

One must care about a world one will never see.
- Bertrand Russell

A day without laughter is a day wasted.
- Charlie Chaplin

Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it.
- Soren Kierkegaard

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
- Robert Louis Stevenson

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden

Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don't like to do.
- Albert Gray

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Whenever you fall, pick something up.
- Oswald Avery

True religion is the life we live, not the creed we profess.
- J.F. Wright

We only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something youve never tried. Teach it. Do it. Risk it.
- Jon Blais

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't.
- Henry Ward Beecher

It is not the cards you are dealt but what you do with them that counts.
-Unknown

Don't cross the stream to look for water.
- Swedish Proverb
Past experience should be a guide post, not a hitching post.
- D. W. Williams

Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
- Maimonides

I was strongest when I laughed at my weakness.
- Elmer Diktonius

I believe that good things come to those who work.
- Wilt Chamberlain

The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.
- Ann Landers

It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out--it's the grain of sand in your shoe.
- Robert Service

What I do is prepare myself until I know I can do what I have to do.
- Joe Namath

2 comments: