Monday, January 31, 2011

Lovely Weather And Stupid People

The human species perplexes me a lot, and I just have to wonder how their minds work to make them do some of the stupid things that they do. Some of them make me wonder just how they managed to make it through adolecense and into adulthood. I blame medical science.

Now I'm not talking about the capper kids, and retarded people. Most of them think normally and have more common sense than most "normal" humans. No, I'm talking about the supposedly normal people that do shit that's just plain stupid and appears to be done without any kind of thought to what they're actually doing or and consideration for the consequences they will bring about to themselves and others.

You see these people all the time, at the grocery store, gas station, driving down the road, Wal-Mart (This seems to be where they get their energy), just everywhere. And, the sad part is, they don't know! Sometimes, they can be spotted by what they're wearing. Combat boots with shorts, tye-dye and slacks, parka and cargo shorts on a thirty degree day, hell a parka and cargo shorts on a eighty degrees, thongs with socks and long pants, cowboy boots with shorts (only applies if you're male), cowboy boots with a skirt (only applies if you're male), more than one cell phone on your belt, a shirt that says "Cougar Hunter", driving a customised PT Cruiser, mini-van, or station wagon, (only applies to extreme customizations. ie, lambo doors, flames, hydrolics, etc...) and the list goes on.

We have a nice little snow storm coming in tonight and tomorrow. They're calling for six to eight inches in Central Oklahoma, maybe even up to a foot. More in Northeast Oklahoma. And, on my drive to work I see people at the gas stations and grocery stores stocking up on supplies, the streets are packed and you can hardly drive becasue of it. There were three or four times as many people on the roads today than usual, it was damn rediculous. Everybody in a mad frenzy to prepare themselves for "WINTER STORM '11" lofl. Now, don't get me wrong a foot of snow isn't a lot to some, especially in the Northern US and Canada, but here six inches is a lot and we don't get it often. Two or three inches is our normal when it snows here. And, I can understan people wanting to have enough stuff to get them through the next three or four days, and being prepared for this storm. The part that is ludacrist is the last minute part of the frenzy. They've been talking about this storm coming for nearly a week. Yes a WEEK! And, this past few days were almost summer like, mid sixties on Thursday, seventies on Friday, and sixties again on Saturday. Come one people, you know this storm is coming so instead of playing around during the nice weather, take a little bit of that time to prepare. And, if you're not going to use your brain and do a little prepration when it's easy, then just don't prepare and suffer the consequences. Or do as I did and just don't worrry about it. I usually have enough to survive for week or so. Now, I'm not saying I'm smarter or have more common sense than anybody else, it's just my norm to keep food, rock salt, and blankets in my home, and fuel in my truck. So, I go about life as usual when a storm hits. Heading home in the morning will be fun, but if it gets half as bad as they're saying I'll probably forgo coming back tomorrow evening.

3 comments:

  1. There is no shortage of dumbasses in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think OSHA is directly responsible for the glut of stupid people. There are too many things in place to protect people from themselves. People who would have otherwise died out from their own stupidity now survive to reproduce themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will either add to your angst or pick you up a bit. I see BR has already awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award on his site, but if you want another one - you can stop by rockbottom and get your second.

    ReplyDelete