Sunday, January 23, 2011

Temptation

I shall not say, "Lord, lead me not into temptation." I will pray to the Lord, "Lord, lead me into the arms of temptation, as that I may smite and renounce it. And, prove my strength unto you."

I think that all you religionists are goin about it all wrong. If you truly believe in and love your God, the why do you ask him to keep you from sin. Instead of walking right into it and then rejecting it, and proving your love and righteousness in his eyes. Shouldn't you prove that you truly love and believe, by doing right on your own. Can you really pass a math test when your book is open, or you're getting help from your teacher. I think not. Your grade may look good, but what have you really learned? Have you learned to divide, subtract, add, multiply, long division? Have you really said no to sin, when it's not presented to you. How can a husband or wife, say that they have been faithful when the have asked the Lord to keep them from the temptation. Is that really passing the test? I would rather say that I have been tempted, and triumphed over sin, have not taken the opportunity to sin. Rather than to brag that I have not sinned by not doing anything, by not having to make that decision. Is that really the holy path? I think to be truly a good person you have to practice what you preach. How can you practice not committing sin when you haven't been faced with the choice, so how can you preach about it? I don't want my marriage counselor to have never been married. I don't want a coach that has never played the game. Don't you feel more comfortable getting advice from Dr. Ruth knowing that she has kids, do you want your sex therapist to be a virgin? If you haven't experienced it how do you know?

1 comment:

  1. Your thoughts amaze me. I love the way you think and you always bring new ways for me to look at things. You are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete