Tuesday, April 5, 2011

While At Work....

I overheard part of a conversation a couple of guys were having, and the term casual sex was thrown in there for some reason unknown to me. I'm not sure what the conversation was about or where it lead after that, but that part stood out to me, for one reason mainly. What the hell is casual sex? The way I see it, sex is about as far from casual as you can get. Hell, even hiring a hooker takes some planning and work. I have never thought or said to myself, "Damn, I'd like to have me some sex right about now." and have my wife just pop up out of nowhere, and then when it's over, poof, she's gone. Back to The Simpson's.

You can have a casual day, casual dress, casual meal, casual drive or ride. But casual sex, hell no! Your boss says you can dress casually of Friday? You know you can take that damn bun out and lose the jacket, or wear a polo instead of your button up, khaki pants instead of slacks? Yea that's kinda casual. A restaurant that doesn't have a maitre d' wearing a five thousand dollar suit. Yea that's a casual dinner. Just driving around the local lake, or around town? Yea, that's a casual drive. Spending two hundred dollars at the bar trying to pick someone up just to resort to your "friend with benefits". (Read - Backup plan) Then getting everything set up; mood music, dim the lights, maybe set some candles, a shower if there's time, and probably afterwards, etc... NO, that's far from casual. I spend less time getting ready for a anniversary date with my wife, than I do getting ready for sex. Hell, most people spend less time planning a birthday party than they do trying to get some casual sex.

There are plenty of things in this world that you can do casually, or that are casual. But, sex is not one of them.

5 comments:

  1. You made some pretty good points here. I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do make a point... in some way i guess... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like there's a different between " Having sex" & "Making Love". Having sex don't mean nothing between the two except getting the deed done. Making love now that's where all your hard work comes into the picture. For both parties enjoy each other's body completely. Plus that's the only person you want to be with. Don't need back up plan (unless you have little bitty ones). But I do agree with your point on this. No punt intended on the matter either. I have a feeling you & your wife are laughing over this. But understand what I'm saying. Dr. Ruth is in trouble with you around! LOL! Cause you are better at being open on this matter than she can do on tv. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks; OT, jl, & Mynx. And, much agreed BSOTF. You bring up a very valid point with that one. Those are as different as a ham sandwich and a rib eye, both quite enjoyable, but one is always so much better.

    ReplyDelete