Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cussin Is Necessary... Sometimes.

Now I try to keep my posts clean, and it ain't easy. To say I cuss like a Sailor is like putting icing on a turd. It may look sweet... Seriously, my older brother is retired Navy, and one night he was on leave we were at dad's bar and he seriously asked me to "tone it down." But, I try. Especially since I may have some younger readers.  I don't need some woman cussing me out because her fourteen year old son read the word "fuck" on my blog. So I try to keep my cussin at a minimum, both here and at home. There have been many times where I've went back and said, "Oh, shit. I need to cut some of this crap out." and went back and edited the post before I published it. Had just a lil too much cussin.

But I have realized that some cussin is really necessary to get your point across. Now, I'm not talkin when you're bickering with sales or returns clerk at Wal-Mart, or the cashier, or the dude you just hit at the intersection. It's not needed to express how angry you are when you're angry. And, it's highly non-constructive in these situations. As most every body knows fighting just leads to more fighting, you yell at me, I yell louder at you, you yell louder at me, you know the rest. But, it's very useful when describing a situation when you're not directly involved. For example, "Man that guy ran that stop sign really pissed me off with his attitude, like it was my fault." or 'I was just so damn mad at her I didn't see the stop sign officer." In these situations it describes the level of anger you're feeling. Some of the intensity would be lost if you took out the two mild cuss words.

Let me give you another example of what I mean.

Say you're walking through the mall and you see a guy with a baby doll in a papoose and he's alone, no sign of a wife or kids in sight. "Man this dude is crazy." will pretty well sum up the experience, right? How about if you catch him at the food court talking to and feeding his "baby"? "Man this dude is crazy." just ain't going to cut it. You have to add a little something to it, "Damn this dude is crazy."  Ya, see how that gave a little enhancement to the topic? You read the first one and you're, "Oh, I've got to hear this, it may be funny." You hear the second one, "Oh, Really? Oh, this is going to be good." can ya smell what I'm stepping in? Now comes the big one. "Man, I saw this guy at the mall, and dude he was fuckin nuts!"  Now you're on the edge of you seat, salivating at the mouth, knowing putting on clean underwear this morning was a waste of time. All you can say is, "Really?!"  "Yea, he was carrying a baby doll around in a papoose. He didnt' have a stitch of clothes on, just wrapped up in cellophane. YES! That's all he had on, cellophane, and a papoose. And ya know what??? To top it of... He was fucking breast feeding the damn doll!!!"
 Now that's fucking crazy!"

Well I hope this explains how cussin can be both useful and necessary well enough for you. As you see some cussin is needed when the situation calls. Hope you use it wisely.

2 comments:

  1. No.... it is not necessary to use cuss words when interacting in a conversation, whether it be in anger or everyday commentary. There are other words able to be used to create intensity and wow factors. I feel that people that use profanity show their limited vocabulary and lack of learned effective communitive skills. Just saying... love you sailor.. I mean honey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say to that is..PFHLLLLLLLPHPHPHPH. :D

    ReplyDelete