Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day 2013

Well, it's Valentines Day. Hope y'all remembered to get your significant other something nice and sweet. A lot of people complain about how commercialized holidays are, and well, yea, they are. Some exceedingly so. But, you can't blame a man for trying to make a buck or millions. I know I have been trying that for the last twenty years.
 
My wife asked for a juicer the other day, so I went to the store and got one for her. She said she would consider that her Valentine gift, since I picked up a card while I was there. Yup, I gave her the card that evening. But, I had also ordered her another gift and card that had yet to arrive at that time. I found it on one of my favorite comic sites, Explosm.net home of Cyanide & Happiness. Cyanide & Happiness happens to be one of my favorite comics on the web or anywhere, along with The Pocalypse and Loading Artist, which has a wonderful comic up today. They had a promotion on their plushies with a card, so I decided that was what my wife needed. Which she got a couple days ago when it came in.
 
 
 
From what I can tell, green and blue are the only colors they offer normally, so it seems that the red ones were just promotional for Valentines day. Hell, I can't even find the post where I ordered it from. Anyway, she loved it. And, these things are huge, that head is about six inches across. But, they're cool as hell. May get the others to complete the collection.
 
She, got me a damn big Reese's heart, a damn big card, this thing is huge (I mean measured in feet not inches huge), a laser level that I'd been looking at for months, and her love. All of which I appreciate and cherish.
 
Happy Valentines Day people of the human persuasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment