Thursday, December 2, 2010

School Shooting In Marinette, Wisconsin

I just came across this article a little while ago or I would have posted on it earlier. There was a shooting in Wisconsin, nobody was hurt except the gunboy, (he shot himself and later died from the wounds) and there are talks from the school board about having gunman drills with the students. There is a link to the article below along with my comment on the article.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/should-there-be-school-shooting-fire-drills-2415533/?pg=1#comments


Yup, I say give them all a Colt .45 and take them to the range, and teach them how to use the damn thing. As far as the panic drills, they'll do about as much good as hiding under your desk with your hands on you legs and you head between your knees when a bomb gets dropped on the school. That'll just make it easier for the Police to find the bodies. Other than that, panic drills won't save lives or prevent the incidents. But, knowing that Mrs. Smith has a pistol in her desk just might make 'em think about pulling out a gun in school.

Fear is not a proper defence against those that wish to harm you.

2 comments:

  1. Last year there was a story in the mass media about a principal in Harrold, TX (just across the river)who wanted to arm his teachers. His school is on Hwy 287 and he worries about strangers coming in to his school, etc. People were horrified, but I thought it was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. As I was re-reading my post it made me realize that I need to proof-read better. lol And, I think it's a spectacular idea to arm our teachers if necessary. It would cut school spending on security, free up some of our police force, and keep the kids in check. I guarantee that if I had know that my teachers could have a gun, I wouldn't have done half the shit I did in school. Eventhough I would have known it was for an emergency situation. Personally the only kind of gun control I believe this country needs is education and using both hands.

    ReplyDelete