Thursday, January 31, 2013

Job Hunting.

As I've mentioned before, I've been on the hunt for a job here lately, and I don't mind jumping through some hoops to get the hiring process going. It's always been that way, and there always will be hoops to jump through. What I don't understand, is this whole Internet thing is supposed to make the job search and applying process measurably easier. But, it doesn't. Although you can find most any job online, you have even more hoops to jump through to get your application and resume submitted. I still don't understand why when you send in a resume, they turn around and give you a form to fill out and have you put all the information from your resume onto the application. Seems redundant, and a waste of paper and trees. Also, why do you have to create an account with a company to apply for a job with them. I'm not going to mention any specific company, but I have had to make several accounts with companies, just so I could submit my resume, and fill out their online application, (with the same info that's on my resume) at least it's easier on the trees. And, one company that I had to make an account with, deletes the account after a few months after your last application submission. I understand the need to control the spam for companies, I know how much I get, and I can only imagine how much companies and popular sites get. But, I think that something simpler could be done to make the process of applying for a job online a bit easier on the job hunter. Something like a simple dedicated e-mail with a captcha would go a long way to making things easier for someone looking to work for a given company. The e-mail wouldn't even have to be public, just a common submit link with a hidden e-mail behind it. I filled out an application the other day that took me a little over a hour to fill out. I just think the whole process could and should be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment