Monday, September 27, 2010

While watching TV

I was watching this cop show, and I noticed something that has made me wonder since I was a kid.

Why is it that a cop (Or anybody in that type of role) in a movie or TV show, can shoot out a light in one shot that is fifty or sixty foot away on a seventy plus foot tall pole, but can not hit the back of a van driving away from them at twenty to thiry feet? Or if they do they only bust out the back window. Now, I know I'm going to hear about how the vehicle is moving, or some crap like that. I can hit a three pound coffee can from twenty to thirty yards floating down the river, with eight out of eight shots from the Ruger .45 I use to own, and can still do it with my friends gun that's a newer version of the gun I had. And, I have no where near the gun tranning that cops do. Also, you got the bad guys that spend a hundred rounds out of an AK-47, AR-14, Uzi Sub-machine gun, or other automatic rifle. And, not one shot hits the good guys, (and a cheap couch will stop any bullet short of a missle). But, the they turn around with their .22 cal back up from their waste band and in one shot, ricochet off a chandelier chain, the only silver platter on a glass coffee table, two seperate trophies on opposite sides of the room,  and kill three non-main characters.

And, another thing, in a car chase or any chase for that matter. It's either one car/officer chasing them and the rest of the police force is completely oblivious of the chase, or they can't seem to catch up with them for some unknown reason, or it's the whole damn force, called in back up from the surrounding areas, the F.B.I., C.I.A, A.T.F, Immigration, the National Guard, A.R.M.Y., and Barney Fife, and they still can't box them in or catch them.

Then you got the people that never answer the phone, unless they're going to find out something they're not supposed to know. Or they always answer their phone, unless it's going to cause someone to be left in a situation where they will either get hurt, or killed.

Just about everybody has an arch enemy, whether or not you're a cop, killer, comedian, or boss. If you're nerdy, geeky, plain, or an outcast in any way, your brother or sister will be popular, or the prom queen/quaterback will take a dare to either date you or make you as popular as them. And, then they get jealous because you become more popular/better at the sport/become prom queen, or outsine them in some way. And, there is no real cliques, in every group of friends, you have the jock, the prep, the nerd, the prom queen, the homely girl/guy, the meathead, and the artist. I'm sure there is more that are included in larger groups of friends.

If you get stuck on an island, you will have guest appearances, that can get off the island but you are forever stuck. (Gilligan's Island reference) Or a little guy that announces whenever a plane comes in to land. (I'll let you figure that one out yourselves)

I'm so thankful for television and movies for teaching me everything about human interacion and culture. That is all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment