Saturday, September 25, 2010

Politically Correct?

Yes, you are handicapped, you are disabled, you are retarded, you are black, you are white, you are fat, you are ugly, you are (insert anything here).

If you change disabled to differently abled, it DOES NOT change the condition.
If you change retarded to mentally challenged, it DOES NOT change the condition.
Fat is NOT big boned, nor does it look good in spandex. Not all blacks are of African decent. Not all whites are of European decent.

Political Correctness is getting in the way of everything. Hell, political speak in general is getting in the way of everything. Candy coating what things are does not change what it is at all. Calling me Caucasian or a Euro-American, doesn't make me less white. It doesn't make my skin burn less, nor does it make me dance better. Yes, I know, stereotypes. And, yes I do know in fact that a black person can get sunburned and not all can dance. Just using them as examples of ignorance for those who don't know.

Let's get into this Caucasian thing why don't we.

Caucasian: Adj. 1) Person of the fair-skinned tacial divisions. 2) Of or pertaining to the Caucasus mountian range of the languages of the region.  n 3) member of the Caucasian race 4) A native of Caucasia, a region between the Black and Caspian Seas.

I fit the first one. As far back as I know, none of my family is from nor has been to Caucasia. So, can I really consider myself Caucasian? I don't think so personally. I'm just an American heinz 57 white boy. Nothing special about me, so don't put a special label on me.

Now to the capper part.

Now, I have a hip problem, and I can get one of the little blue stickers or even a permanent tag for all my vehicles because of said hip problem. Couldn't get into the military because of it either. I can still walk, run, swim, drive and ride my bike. And, yea it gets to hurting at times, sometimes bad enough to make me cry. But, I refuse to get a tag becasue there are people out there who need to use those spaces way more than I do.

Handicap: n 1) Disadvantage 2) Physical or mental disability. v 3) to place at a disadvantage.

Humm, sounds like handicapped is the correct term after all. I don't consider myself handicapped because my hip does not hinder me from doing anything at all. It may make me pause sometimes, but never stops me. These people are handicapped becasue it prevents them from doing something as good as the vast majority of people do. Some can not learn as well, some can't run at all, some can't use their hands as effeciently as I do. They are at a disadvantage to most people because of this. But, they are not second class citizens, nor do they deserve to be treated with any less respect than your own flesh and blood, boss, or buddies.

Political Speak.

Don't have much to say specifically on this. Except, just read the Constitution Of The United States Of America, the Declaration Of Independance, and the Articles Of Confederation. Then take bills bassed today by our government and you can see the difference. The Constitution is written so that any man, woman or child can read it and understand it clearly and completely. Todays laws are written so that only the lawmakers, lawyers, and judges can understand them, and even at that some still can't. There is a problem with that system,. Any law passed by your government, you should be able to read and understand and know exactly what that law covers.

Every American citizen should have read all three of the documents I mentioned. I have read the Constitution, took me about three hours total. Most people spend more time than that jerking off each week. I'm currently reading the Articles. And, will then move on to the Declaration.

My fellow Americans, I don't care about your background, heritage, or handicap. We need to cut the bullshit out of our lives, and quit covering up the real problems. And that my friends is what P.C. does, It sweeps the roaches under the carpet and then says we don't have roaches. Come on people, let us be honest with each other and our selves. I'm not Euro-American, I'm just AMERICAN, not hyphenated, I don't identify with another country. I was born here, raised here, and will die here. If you immigrated here, and have gained or in the process of gaining your citizenship. Just be an American. You left your counrty for a reason and came here for a reason. If you were born here, just be American. Be proud you're here, and let's work together to make this country great again.

No comments:

Post a Comment