Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wishes, wants and needs.

Now, I have a want list that long as a giraffes left hind leg. And, I have a need list that's a bit shorter. As for a wish list, I don't have much of one really.

But, I know the difference between a want and a need. I want a lift for my bike, I need to pay the light bill. I want more tools to work on my bike and Bronco. I need to buy my kids clothes. I want another bike to build, I need to save that money to feed my wifes hemi. Yup, I let her buy a Dodge truck, I told her to keep it out back so the neighbours wouldn't know. But, she won't listen, she parks it right out front in the drive. Won't even put a cover or a tarp on it. :-D

Like I was saying, I have my wants and needs, and I know the difference. Hell, everybody has their wants and needs, and hopefully they know the difference. But there are some that don't seem to know what they need and what they want.

When you think a want becomes a need, you're on the verge of becoming hopelessly lost. Do you need a good car? Maybe, or even yes you do. But, do you need a brand new car? Or, a brand new Lincoln, Cadillac, Bently or Hummer? No, you really don't need that. How about a new home? A five thousand square foot home? New shoes? Hundred and fifty dollar pair of shoes? You get the point.

Now, if I had the money and nothing better to do with it. Yea, I'd have a few nice expensive cars, a number of bikes, totally customized. But, I do my best to live within my means. Yea, it's hard someitmes. But, that's what you have to do to stay ahead in this game of life. I have everything I need, and want in my life. It's just stuff I want that I don't have, and I'll either get it or I won't, it won't hurt me either way.

And, everything that I want and need, is having a birthday today, and I just wanted to say happy birthday baby doll.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know you wrote this on my birthday... I am so in love with you, the one I want, wished for and my number 1 forever need.

    ReplyDelete