Saturday, September 11, 2010

To start

I got to thinking on my way into work today, I have a lot to let's say "rant" about. So this is pretty much about my thoughts riding down the road and working in the oilfied and on drilling rigs.

I have a lot of time to think about things and topics will range from riding my motorcycle to religion to drivers to life in general and who knows what else.

I'd like to start out with an experience I had a few weeks ago while driving. And I have to ask myself, "Why do we do stupid stuff and then get mad at others for the outcome?"

I was riding down I-40 going home one morning from work. I'm in the outside/far right lane of a this wonderfully smooth highway. And, someone decides that he needs to go around me. Because the cars in the other two lanes are not moving quick enough for him, he decides it's a good idea to pass me on the right, yes that would be on the shoulder of the highway. Now, not expecting someone to be passing me on the right I get a bit startled. And, yes I flip him the bird. And, this guy honks at me like I'm doing something completly wrong, and had no right or reason to be perturbed. After thinking about this, I could do nothing but scratch my head at his reaction.

Later that week, I was in my truck turning onto that same stretch of highway. While making this left turn, someone in another truck tries to cut by me in the corner from the left. And, yet another horn blast. And, yes another birdy flies telling him he's number one in my book.

Now, I'm not saying I haven't or don't do the same things. I just don't remember any recent events. But, I have gotten aggrivated at my lawnmower because I ran over a rock or small limb, and the lawnmower dies.

I just wonder what is in our human psyche that makes us place blame elsewhere rather than in oursleves. I think I may be the singularity nature we have developed lately, maybe our parents didn't teach us shame and decency well enough. Or we may just be like a bomb waiting for any little release from combustion from either our bosses, spouses, or peers, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment