Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's Sunday. So....

We are gathered here today in search of the Lord, God and Jesus Christ. Do you accept Jesus Christ as your savior?

It's Sunday, so I thought I'd start with something pastoral. Now, I'm not here to preach, but I am going to tell you how I see it. All my information, and beliefs are based on what I've read in and know from the Bible. I have read other manuscripts, and continue to do so to get a better better picture of my life.
I believe in God and worship him, but I don't belong to any one religion. I don't believe any one religion is supreme over the others. I believe that the God I worship reins over all religions, eventhough he's known by different names. Who are you or I to say that God, Allah, Budda, Krishna, Yu Huang, or let us go back a year or two, even Zeus, Ra, Gaia, Juno, or any others you may mention, are not one in the same? It states in the Bible, Genesis 11;1-9, That we were all one people and spoke one language and worked together. We started a temple in Bablyonia to reach the Heavens. And, that God came down and confused our language so that we may not communicate easily. And, so we scattered over the earth. Humm, that's pretty damn interesting to me.

Religion; 1) The belief in and worship of a God or other superhuman agency. 2) A particular system of these beliefs.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/


Genesis Chapter 11 verses 1-9 NCV

 At this time the whole world spoke one language, and everyone used the same words. As people moved from the east, they found a plain in the land of Bablyonia and settled there.
 They said to each other, "Let's make bricks and bake them to make them hard." so they used bricks instead of stones, and tar instead of mortar. Then they said to each other, "Let's build a city and a tower for ourselves, whose top will reach high into the sky. We will become famous. Then we will not be scattered over all the earth."
 The Lord came down to see the city and the tower that the people had built. the Lord said, "Now, these people are united, all speaking the same language. This is only the beginning of what they will do. They will be able to do anything they want. Come let us go down and confuse their language so they will not be able to understand each other."
 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. The place is called Babel since that is where the Lord confused the launguage of the whole world. So the Lord caused them to speread out from there over the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment