Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Who's in control?

On the news, I saw a report about how a consumer advocacy group in California are trying to ban toys in kids meals in their area. Their main target is McDonalds's, this is supposed to go to trial in the fairly near future. Now, I say this is just damn ridiculous.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/23/health/main6608981.shtml

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/27/health/main6436917.shtml?source=related_story

The first link is to an earlier version of the story and the second it to the current update.


Their claim is that the fast food companies use toys to lure in children to eat their products. Just like Joe Camel made me want to smoke. BullllllShit! First off, I started smoking before I knew who Joe Camel was. Second, who the hell is the one paying for the Happy Meal? Timmy or Suzie at five years old? They make all their decisions don't they? I mean, who the hell picked out that V-cut blouse that they're wearing, and Timmy sure know's how to pick out the right boxers to wear under his Chinos to compliment the stitches in his pockets. WTF?!?!?! Come on people. If you don't like the product, quit fucking buying it. If it offends you, just don't use their products or services. Plain and simple, nothing more, nothing less to it. And, for everybodys sake, quit trying to make the government make across the board changes for the opinions of a few people. I don't care if there are ten damn thousand of you, that is only one percent of a million. Hell, that's only ten percent of one hundred thousand. How would you like if our President only had to have ten percent of the vote to get the job? Or any elected official for that matter? How about if your doctor only completed one year of med school? That's approximately twelve percent of what it takes to get his Doctoarte of Medicine. I got one better than anything I've mentioned thus far. How about if your employer only paid you ten percent of your earnings? Paying attention now?

It's getting sad people. You're out there lobbying for your government to make rules for shit you should be taking control of yourselves. Like with this toy case, I guarantee that few if any of these parents will quit buying their children happy meals. I hear parents complain about how their kids beg and plead with their parent to get them this and get them that. The parents eventually give in, and they want to blame the marketing. When it's ultimately their fault for buying the product, and not busting their kids asses. I know I tried that tactic with my grandparents once, and it was only once. They taught my little ass not to do that shit again, and with my kids, they have learned that if I say, "No." That is the end of the conversation, no why, why not's, and no pelases. And, I never tell my kids, because we don't have the money or can't afford it. My finances are absoultely none of their business.

What will these consumer advocacy groups have to bitch about then? What is next on their agendas?

No comments:

Post a Comment