Monday, October 3, 2011

Kids These Days!

While out back building a fence for our over sized dogs, meaning horses. Our two girls had their puppies out "training" (playing with) them. I was out there for about a hour before I actually caught what they were saying. I had to laugh when I realized what they were trying to get the puppies to understand. They were trying the standard commands like sit, stay, heel, etc... The funny part was when the puppies didn't do what they were told or when they did something they weren't supposed to. They were telling these dogs, "I told you not to go over there." "Get back here now." "Get over here, insert puppy name." and the puppies would just look at them and give them that confused puppy dog look. And, when they didn't come to them right when they were told, one of them started counting. And, not the normal count to three or a regular number like five or ten. She started counting to seven. Why seven? I'm not really sure, I guess dogs don't get three or five, but by God they know you're serious when you hit seven. And, they were talking to the puppies like they could understand what they were saying just like you or I would. All I could do was laugh.




1 comment: