Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Emotion Ladder

If I've seen it once, I've seen it a hundred times. You've either been in this situation or know someone who has. And, I bet you've been there at least once. It basically revolves around wanting something you can't have. The specific situation I'm thinking of now has to do with relationships and emotions. Now, I'm not in this position at the present and hope never to be in the future, as I am happily married. But, I have been in all three spots on the ladder. You have three main steps on this "ladder" you have the person in the middle, who has someone that's infatuated with them that they don't want to be bothered with, and then they have someone they're infatuated with that doesn't want to bother with them. Then you have the other two, you're either on the first rung or the third rung. Sometimes you know where you're at on the ladder sometimes you don't realize it till later and then it's usually too damn late. Like I've said I've been in all three positions before and it's hard to realize the truth of the matter when you are. And, currently one of my E-friends is having this problem and I found it odd when reflecting back on when I was in one of those positions that it was so hard to see, but when viewing from the outside it is so plainly obvious that you just want to slap them with a catfish or something. Anyway, this E-friend is in the middle at the moment, but also on the first at the same time. Impossible you say??? No it's not, the ladder can go on forever. This E-friend has somebody that wants to be with them but they don't realize how much that person wants to be with them, because the only thing they see is the one they want to be with, and in turn the one they want to be with overlooks them because they're so caught up in trying to get someone they want to be with that doesn't necessarily want to be with them. Make sense???? I'll illustrate as best I can.

You have person one that is infatuated with person two, but person two is too caught up in their infatuation with person three to notice that person one would give them what they're looking for.

To me this doesn't make much sense but that's the way it is, people never seem to want what is laid out before them, and seem to go after what is just out of hands reach. Now, with the situations I've been in they have always worked out for the best and have come to realize what the situation was and removed myself from the dead end street that it was. And, now I'm right where I need to be in my life. Got a wonderful wife, evil kids, needy dogs, insane cat, and good friends. What else do you need? I just have to say that if you're in this situation you probably won't know it, and if your friends decide to say something about it you probably need to listen. Think about if you were in their shoes wouldn't you want them to listen to you?

The hardest part of ending a relationship is that first step, but if it's not meant to work you'll be glad you did.

You've got two types of friends, those that will tell you what you want to hear and those that will tell you the truth.

2 comments:

  1. "Got a wonderful wife, evil kids, needy dogs, insane cat, and good friends." You could be describing my life, so it sounds like we've both got it good.

    And yea, real friends will tell you the truth, even if it ain't pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much agreed BR. Got it pretty darn good. And, the truth is usually not as pretty as you imagine in your head.

    ReplyDelete