Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hello Again.

First off, thanks for the supportive comments and mails. Still don't have the little one up to full working order and with what it'll cost to have it fixed it probably never will, good thing I can hook up an external monitor. Which I actually like better, I can read without having a magnifying glass. The netbook has a ten inch screen, not good for a lot of document reading or typing. Got it hooked up to a either fifteen or seventeen inch that I borrowed from work, they said I could use it while I was here.

As with all things you have to take the good with the bad. Marriage, cars, bicycles, houses, work, computers and the Internet, and well.... everything. I'm not going to break it all down for you, don't think I need to anyway. I'm sure everybody has experienced the ups and downs of life. For everything that is great, such as technology, you have to deal with the breakdowns that come about. I have both a love for technology and a skepticism for it, it manages your cars systems so it will run better and more efficiently, yet there are more thing to foul up, and usually ends up being harder and more expensive to fix. Just like computers and the Internet, they're great for gathering information and researching just about anything you want to, and playing games. (Currently doing both, I play Evony regularly, and am getting things in order to start a business, neither easy to do without a computer and Internet access.) But, when they break it turns into a pretty nice little headache, and with the costs you might as well buy a new computer rather than have it fixed. For example, with my netbook, a new screen will cost me eighty bucks, and then there's a fifty five dollar and hour charge for labor, and my wife was quoted a hour to a hour and a half to replace it, so I'd be looking at a hundred and thirty five to a hundred and eighty dollars for the repairs, I only paid two thirty for the whole computer. I could go buy an external monitor for about half what the repairs would cost me. So, I'll just hold out for a little bit and buy a good full size laptop next time.

And, yes good music comes from all over the world, in my opinion anyway. Although I am a bit biased toward Oklahoma Musicians, and am really excited over the new surge of Rock that is coming out of this fair state. I think it's way over due, I've been in the Ok Rock scene for about fifteen years, and we have some great bands from here, but it's taken a while for us to get recognized as a Rock & Roll state. Mainly because so many great country artists have come from here, Reba, Vince Gill, Toby Keith, Merl Haggard, etc... And, now we have two main Rock bands from here, Hinder and Aranda, that have gained national recognition and are damn good rock bands. I love music from all genres from Country to Rock, R&B and some Rap, but my favorites are Country and Rock of all kinds from the greats Hank, Haggard, Willie, Cash, Jones, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Metallica, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd, to the new Sugarland, Montgomery Gentry, Jason Aldean, Underwood, Pickler, Jamie Johnson, Avenged Sevenfold, Arron Lewis, Five Finger Death Punch, Bullet For My Valentine and numerous others.

Again thanks for the support guys, and hope your year is wonderful and virus/Trojan/bug free, and may your display be as bright as the star that led the wise men to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment